Sunday, March 18, 2007

Why I Love Louisiana, Part 874

What they're saying about Rockin' Dopsie, Jr.:

"He's traveled to more cities than a Greyhound." - American Press

"From the outset, it was bedlam all the way." - Offbeat Magazine

"Rockin' Dopsie, Jr. is the Mick Jagger of the marsh." - The Travel Channel

"The only way he could be more funky is if he'd been born a skunk." - Cyril Neville

"Dude, I'll trade you my favorite sneakers for that hair." -As The Tumor Turns


Me and Dopsie Jr. I was a big fan of his late daddy.

3 Comments:

Blogger johnieb said...

Grrrl, you know the coolest people ever; thanks for the link to Dopsie, Jr. Will you be my Zydeco guide?

Still giddy but warming in Hartford, with about 6" still on the ground tonight. We's still in winter AKA the cool months where y'all at, I 'xpect.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Alto2 said...

I love Dopsie! We hear him at Jazzfest all the time. Maybe I'll run into you at the Fest this year. We're going the first weekend.

12:43 AM  
Blogger layne said...

I too was a fan of Dopsie Sr.'s. His performance was where I first saw someone play the rubboard, and the peak of the set was when Dopsie played some mean blues on his guitar -- held behind his back. What a trip!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home