Monday, April 23, 2007

Instant Curls

So I've learned something about my hair: left to its own devices, it wants to lie absolutely flat (except for the ridiculous cupie doll cowlick), as it's growing in perfectly straight and parallel to my skull. This desolate pancakeness, coupled with the hubbahubba new blondeness, causes the hair to be virtually invisible to the naked eye.


c.f. last Monday's pancakehead do

But it turns out that a little tub of cheap drugstore product is a simple fast easy way to make my hair look longer and fuller. I just smear it around, scrunch my fuzz into little ringlets, and voila! Three seconds later I have a full halo of instant cherubic blonde curls. I didn't even have to reapply it when I woke up this morning, the touseled bedhead look survived overnight.







Silly as it sounds, this new hair thing gives me a renewed sense of hope for the future.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger jana said...

Adorable! I wish I could put a bit of product on my hair and get curls! :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Trasi said...

It's the little things, ain't it?
I'd TOTALLY give you my curls if I could. If left to their own devices, I'd practically have a 'fro.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kanga Jen said...

You look very cute.
Enjoy, curlyhead!
Jen

8:19 PM  
Blogger alphabitch said...

Not silly at all to see it as hope for the future. I have to say I look forward to your hair updates; I'm not at all sure why, but it's something very much like that.

Hair products are fascinating. I don't really understand them, but they're generally good for some laughs, if nothing else.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

The hair looks great. The delts look even better! Way to go.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looked good with the Kewpie doll cowlick, and it looks good now. The important thing is that it makes you feel good.

Isn't it funny how our hair of all things has the power to plunge us into absolute despair one minute and renaissance-level joy the next?

10:13 AM  
Blogger johnieb said...

You've always looked good, lived well, and yawlped both at the world and the void.

I, too, have the flat look. When it's the right length, some of my best looks are right after I get up.

Gotta be here for the weekly update and the wunerful pictures.rhary

10:20 AM  
Blogger Carole said...

This is so sad. I don't chime in to say I understand fully your search for the elusive normal -- or even how I made them take my external port out THE VERY MINUTE they dropped the last drop of chemo in...but I will speak up when you mention a product that might do a little something for the slow, mousey-brown regrowth of my hair. So what's the drugstore product? You look adorable.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Lymphopo said...

I used this stuff. I paid about $3.79 for a tub, which looks like it's probably going to last me 6 months.

3:01 PM  
Blogger B Northcut said...

I think it depends on the chemo drug but in a lot of cases, when your hair comes back, it's completely different (texture, color, behavior) than it was before. That has been the case with two people I know,and there are lots of anecdotal reports supporting that.

btw, I love the curls.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home