Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Where the Boys Are

OMFG! They are NOT the big burly ex-convicts I was expecting, they are two adorable 12-year-old college kids with a Penske rental truck.



!!!!

Anyway, they are very sweet boys and they have instructed me to stop milling around amidst the chaos and stay out of their way. So here I am again.


I am mortified and horrified at the size and extent of the 7-year-old dust bunnies behind and beneath all my furniture. I vow to be a better domestic goddess from henceforth on out.


But look! See how I have helpfully placed labels on each item telling the young frat boys where it should go when they unload the truck.


There is no end to my helpfulness. "Please, Mrs. Lymphopo," the ladlets keep insisting. "Just sit down and relax. Let us take care of everything!"



But where the hell am I supposed to sit? All my chairs are already loaded onto their truck.


7 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

WEEHOO! I'm so excited for you with your little cottage and your new canine boyfriend. Can't wait to see photos of the newly-inhabited teeny house!

12:36 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Seconding the excitement of Molly, here!

Also - your use of the word "ladlets" actually caused water to shoot from my nose. I was drinking it at the time, so it's not quite as phenomenal as a spontaneous eruption of water, but still. You continue to make me laugh, something I need desperately. Thank you!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! You seem like you're on top of it (seriously!), and movers telling you politely to stand aside is commonplace.

I'm excited for you, and the new abode is looking very flash, what with all your modifications. Go you!

Last year I sat in my garden for two days watching other people pack up my stuff.

Just to challenge your brain, you could imagine moving *country*. Whole different ball game, I tell you. Imagine all the customs forms, insurance requirements that you NOT pack your own possessions, the laws of a different nation regarding what you can and can't import, spraying garden furniture and outdoor equipment with noxious pink chemical, shipping containers arriving at your front door, and then eight weeks and a bunch of triplicate 'release forms' and biosecurity inspections before you can see your stuff again. And to think we did that for *fun*.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Ya Looblue said...

oy. i'm in the middle of a huge move too. boston to chicago. and it's not even completely set yet because like a good universe, murphy's law is starting to show it's interesting little head.
but p.s., *your* label...lets just say that there are partially chewed sunflower seeds stuck to the monitor. thank you very much.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Irish Goddess said...

I'm thinking of you right now, settling in and making the cottage your Home. Enjoy your evening.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Trasi said...

You make me laugh so! Loony bin - this is NOTHING compared to where you've been over the last year. If you were going to go to the loony bin, you'd have been there a long time ago. I think you're FINE!
Hope it all went well, destructo-street and lack of water and everything.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha -- these last couple of posts are hilarious. Your new house already looks like a home.

Enjoy.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home