Saturday, September 15, 2007

Enjoying the Heck Out of Life

After spending this past week fending off floods and hurricanes and mosquitos and enormous black clouds of lovebugs so thick the street lights came on in the daytime, it was a relief to finally have a beautiful, clear, sunny, not-too-hot day to spend out tootling around on the water. Ah yes, now I remember why I love Louisiana so much!


Cypress trees in the Basin


A beaver lodge


An egret


An alligator checks out the boat: this guy was about 13 feet long, which means he's probably about 70 years old.


If I had a fancier telescopic lens, you could you see that's a bald eagle sitting in the top of that tree.


Norris telling very bad Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes.


Jesus Christ on a tree!


A painting of The Last Supper, hanging way the hell out in the middle of the swamp. We don't need no steenkin' museums down here.


The Henderson Queen looks like a very very very old rustic Cajun houseboat, but was actually built in the 1980s for a movie set.


Late afternoon sun sparkling on the water. How much better can life possibly get!


8 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

You do realize that that beaver lodge looks like it has a little front porch, where, I assume, Mr. and Mrs. Beaver hang out and drink lemonade.

And that alligator makes me once again grateful I live in New England. Yikes!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Hathor said...

Louisiana looks so unique. Love the picture of the Cypress.

8:35 AM  
Blogger citygrrrl said...

4 more weeks!!!!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for sharing! I've never been down to your neck of the woods, and it's beautiful.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Jezebella said...

Oooooh, Norris looks like my ex's dad, EJ, who died ten years ago. I miss that ol' coonass, I swear.

The swamp is gorgeous.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Marian said...

Lovely pictures but not enough to make me begin to like Louisiana. I nominate " Not Too Bad In The Shade" as its motto.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Alto2 said...

Ooooh, char, how I love Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Yankee T said...

You make it look so inviting.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home