Monday, September 17, 2007

The Future's Looking Bright!

Tonight, Superman graduated from his obedience school egregia cum laude. I invite you all to please stand and join us in a rousing moment of song:

Gaudeamus igitur
Juvenes dum sumus
Post jucundum juventutem
Post molestam senectutem
Nos habebit humus.


(Let us rejoice therefore
While we are young.
After a pleasant youth
After a troublesome old age
The earth will have us.)



Pereat tristitia,
Pereant osores.
Pereat diabolus,
Quivis antiburschius
Atque irrisores.


(Let sadness perish!
Let haters perish!
Let the devil perish!
Let whoever is against our school
Who laughs at it, perish!)



(Ahem. I certainly hope nobody here is laughing, especially not at that ridiculous mortarboard. Or you shall all perish in Latin.)

Anyway. On Wednsday night my brilliant Superman will begin graduate studies, pursuing his doctoral degree in clicker trick training. Stay tuned.



I study nuclear science
I love my classes
I got a crazy teacher, he wears dark glasses
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is, absolutely, the most handsome dog in the world. Shhhh...don't tell my dogs I said that ;)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Marian said...

Dude needs his own reality TV show. He looks like he leads an interesting life.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Najia said...

I just love the hell out of your dog. As much as I love coming over to read your latest entry, I have to admit that I'm always looking for more pics of your doggies.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

He's a dream! How did he ever end up homeless?
Just love him to bits! He's like the Brad Pitt of big dogs.
Ooo.. you guys should get a condensed name.. Superpopo?

3:13 AM  
Blogger Evilyn Garnett said...

Amazing Dog!
I've never done this before, so please excuse me if the etiquette is wrong, or I'm being rude. I am a writer in MPLS, with eerily similar interests to Miss Lady, I'm HIV+, sober for 13 years, and passionate about dog training, the psychology behind Japanese Horror movies, animal behavior and the fate of the N. American City.
Would Miss Lady, or any of her fans, have the time to check out my blog, Satan With Sinus Trouble, where I am much funnier and less stiff than I am here, begging you to check out my blog, which is embarassing, let's face it. Sorry if I've mistepped or intruded.
swst.blogspot.com.
I would be so honored to hear from the Lady or her friends.
PS--going on 48, also w. purple hair.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Alto2 said...

Can you imagine hearing "Gaudeamus igitur" played by the L.A. Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl? I did this past summer. It was stupendous, but not as stupendous as Superman -- where is Green Lantern (while we're on obscure musical references).

4:48 PM  
Blogger Ginny Lee said...

You are just too funny. I cannot stop laughing. My homeschooled dogs are so jealous.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Mrs Pretzel said...

YOU are looking sooooo good! I love that your SUPERMAN is getting to be such a good boy!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Yankee T said...

I heart your dog.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yay!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I admit it... I live for the puppy pictures. By the way...how are the girls?

10:07 PM  
Blogger Trasi said...

He is such a regal beast, so big and lanky and svelte and loveable! I heart him too. He's never pulled another growly trick on anyone has he?

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one cool pooch! Glad to see you both doing so well.

8:46 PM  
Blogger nbm said...

His sunglasses and neck kerchief pretty much made my day.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home